Brenda's new last chapter of her book is here in its entirety:
“The Wheel of Feminism”
– written for the digital and audio editions of Not One of the Boys: Living Life as a Feminist originally published by Alfred A. Knopf, Inc. in September of 2000 and republished as an e-book and in an audible version in 2022.
Brenda’s tributes to Justice Ginsburg following her death in 2020, published in 2021:
- GOODBYE, OLD FRIEND: TRIBUTE TO JUSTICE RUTH BADER GINSBURG in
COLUMBIA LAW REVIEW
- MEMORIAM: JUSTICE RUTH BADER GINSBURG IN HARVARD LAW REVIEW
- ACLU Magazine, May 2020 THE ACLU, RUTH BADER GINSBURG AND ME
- Article for CNN ‘s Opinion Newsletter (2018): JUSTICE GINSBURG: THE 'LIBERAL LION'
WE NEED RIGHT NOW
- Brenda's Impressions from the Supreme Court Hearings on Marriage Equality, April, 2015
Published on the Ms. Blog April, 2015
- DON'T ASK; DON'T TELL ("DADT") -- AN UPDATE
Brenda's Impressions from the Supreme Court Hearings on Prop 8 and DOMA
Published on the Ms. Blog and Equality California Blog, March 2013
- Here's to the 9th Circuit - Prop 8 and the Narrow Approach Ahead
PUBLISHED ON WOWOWOW (2/8/2012)
- Lesbians and Gays Finally Have the Right to Marry; Faith in Reason Returns
PUBLISHED ON WOWOWOW (8/10/2010)
- DOMA is Unconstitutional: An Authoratative Opinion
PUBLISHED ON WOWOWOW (7/14/2010)
- Who Is (Not) Passing the Buck on Gay Rights?
PUBLISHED ON WOWOWOW (7/6/2009)
- Does Prop 8 Decision Prove California Supreme Court Lost Its Way?
PUBLISHED ON WOWOWOW (7/6/2009)
- Second-Class All the Way Notes from a worn-down but still hopeful civil rights lawyer
PUBLISHED ON WOWOWOW (3/9/2010)
- Why Milk Matters: The Proposition 8 Battle Continues
PUBLISHED ON WOWOWOW(11/29/08)
- Proposition 8 Battle Just the Beginning for Gay Marriage Rights
PUBLISHED ON WOWOWOW (11/18/2008)
- Same Sex Marriage; An Issue of Constitutional Rights, not Moral Opinione
Vol. 27 of the Harvard Women's Law Journal, April 2004
- Not on My Watch : Hollywood vs. the Future, by Peter Dekom Book Review in the ABA Publication, Entertainment and Sports Lawyer Vol. 21, No. 4, Winter, 2004 (Click here to read.)
- Books Becoming Movies
Article for ABA Entertainment Forum, October, 2003
- Developing and Packaging a Feature Film: A Guide for Attorneys. In Counselling Clients in the Entertainment Industry 1988, Published by the Practicing Law Institute.
- Developing and Packaging a Feature Film: A Guide for Attorneys. In Counselling Clients in the Entertainment Industry 1987, Published by the Practicing Law Institute.
- Vogue Magazine (e.g. the rights of actresses not to perform in the nude), Nov. 1981 and February 1982.
- May a State Rescind its Ratification of a Pending Constitutional Amendment?
Vol. 1 of the Harvard Women's Law Journal, Spring 1978
- Ms. Magazine “Giving Women a Sporting Chance,” featuring Billie Jean King on the July 1973 cover, republished recently by W.W. Norton in its book, Women and Sports.
- Whatever Happened with Women in Miami? (the 1972 Democratic Convention) Village Voice, 1972.
- Brenda Feigen Fasteau and Bonnie Lobel, “Rating the Candidates: Feminists Vote the Rascals In or Out,” Ms., Spring 1972.
- Radical Lawyers, Brenda Feigen Fasteau “Law and Women: Their Role in the Movement and the Courts,” Jonathan Black editor, NY 1971.